Aug 21, 2020
What could go wrong in the game of real estate, and how can you
persevere? It’s the way you handle the ups and downs that makes the
difference in the multifamily space.
Today’s guest is Andrew Cushman from Vantage Point Acquisitions.
Andrew shares his perspective on what’s working and what’s not in
the multifamily real estate market.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Enjoy the Ride: Multifamily real estate is like a roller
coaster of ups and down
- Recessions and Real Estate: Leads to opportunity with pockets
- B- vs. C-Class Assets: Raise capital to trade up and reap
- What Matters: Not the number of units, but the money made from
- Headaches Happen: Hurricane Michael reduced occupancy from 100%
- Get in Line Fast: Find a great insurance broker and the right
- Cash Value vs. Replacement Policy: What’s the difference for
what it’s worth?
- Co-insurance: Properly and accurately value asset for premium
or pay penalty
- Insurance Deductible: Avoid percentages or you may pay much
more for claims
- Loss of Rent Insurance: Pays the difference to fill the gap and
ability to rebuild
- Keys to Success: Communicating with investors, matching
contractor to job size
Links and Resources Mentioned:
“The grass is always greener over the septic tank.” -
“Once you can learn to raise more capital, it makes so much more
sense to start trading up to nicer assets.” - Corey
“Operations is where you make money.” - Corey
“Make sure it is properly and accurately valued, and not just
construed to get you the lowest premium.” - Andrew
Don’t forget to download my Free Workshop Quick Start Video Series, and if you
like what you have heard please leave a review on iTunes.
Text the word MONEY to
408-500-1127 to get my free private money program
and credibility kit for single family.