Dec 16, 2019
Breast Cancer and
- New research in the Lancet show a stronger connection between
Menopausal Hormone Therapy (MHT) and Breast Cancer.
- The risks go up starting the first day of going on MHT. Expert
recommends a limit of only 1-2 years on MHT and then don’t just
stop them, gradually lower the dosage
- Women should try non-hormone strategies first before going on
MHT. Vaginal estrogen is not an issue so can be used for longer
periods of time.
- Also, information included about giving all women with breast
cancer genetic testing. Currently only those with a family history
get it done.
- It’s expected that it could save money in the long run by being
able to provide better health care to those women.
Go to my website for other podcasts and information:
Healthy Tips After