Dany Redwine is a Grand Rapids, Michigan native who started her comedy career while fighting breast cancer in 2014.
No show is off limits as she performs for all types of crowds.
She has opened for names such as AJ Johnson, Scruncho, Pierre and Cookie Hull.
Dany is the host of the Make It Spicy comedy club at Mulligans and recently hosted Laughfest, an all women’s line up.
Recently, Dany was on our show.
During our conversation, Dany talked about:
– Life growing up in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a single mother and a few younger brothers being the oldest only girl with a father that was absent, not having a great relationship with her mother when she was growing up, parents split up when she was young, losing her father to death at 12 years old and her only memory of her father is in a casket
– Her challenges with her relationship with her mother
– What advise would she give mothers and daughter who are not bonding?
– How did she learn to love herself?
– Leaving a sixteen year marriage in which she was devalued and going through depression
– Being seven years cancer free but still going through surgeries
– The emotional place was she was in ten years ago
– Why does she believes that God saved her life
– When comedy become part of her journey and memories of her first comedy show and her early days in comedy
– If she still enjoy watching a comedy show or is it a learing module?
– Why do some many comedians use the “N word” in their comedy routines?
– Hosting Laughfest
– Dealing with cross-cultural humor
– Realizing that comedy is a science
– The challenge being a Black female comedienne
– Her three favorite comedians of all time
– Seven reconstruction surgeries over the last seven years
– How has Covid19 effected her
You can find more about Dany at:
Dany will be one of the comedians during the Laugh aLong Weekend Comedy Show on Friday, May 15, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. Eastern. Dr. Vibe will be co-hosting the event.
Visit The Dr. Vibe Show™ at https://www.thedrvibeshow.com/
Please feel free to “Like” the “The Dr. Vibe Show” Facebook Fan Page here
God bless, peace, be well and keep the faith,
2018 Innovation Award Winner – Canadian Ethnic Media Association
Producer of Google+ Hangouts – The Good Men Project
The Dr. Vibe Show™ At “The Good Men Project”
One of the first Brand Ambassador’s – Cuisine Noir Magazine
Dr. Vibe – Producer And Co-host of Black Men Talking On WJMS Radio
Dr. Vibe on HuffPost Live – August 2, 2013
2013 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Winner (Best International Blog)
2012 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best Podcast)
2011 Black Weblog Awards Finalist (Best International Blog and Best Podcast Series)
Black Blog Of The Day – Black Bloggers Network – June 23, 2011
Twitter hashtag: #DrVibe
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iTunes
Dr. Vibe Media – You Tube
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Stitcher Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – TuneIn Radio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – Google Play Music
The Dr. Vibe Show™ – iHeartRadio
The Dr. Vibe Show™ at Anchor
Linkedin – The Dr. Vibe Show™
The Dr. Vibe Show Facebook Fan Page