Sep 29, 2021
From Aristotle and Plato to
modern brands like Disney and Apple, staging and storytelling have
always been central to our experiences. Tune into today’s episode
of The Experience Strategy Podcast to find out ways to use these
timeless techniques to entice, engage and immerse your customer in
your brand’s offerings.
In This Episode:
- [00:55] What does economic
progression have to do with birthday cakes?
- [05:25] What does staging
- [06:00] Aristotle and Plato
used the same design principles as Apple and Disney.
- [08:45] The strategic power of
- [15:00] One of the biggest
mistakes companies are making is thinking that moving customers
through phases is the same thing as having a
- [19:00] Here’s how the Kith
brand is selling the lifestyle experience to
- [24:00] Why associating stories
with theming is important.
- [28:00] What is the Dunder
- [31:00] What does vibe have to
do with the whole experience of a brand?
- Staging experiences is thinking
about the experience as theater.
- There is this innate human need
to be a part of an experience and to be on the journey of a
- One of the key elements of
staging an experience is that there needs to be a story and a
journey customers want to be a part of.
- Disney, like many successful
brands, transitioned from “let me show you a story”, to “let me
make you a part of this story”.