Jan 5, 2022
What will it take for in-person retailers to remain
successful in a world increasingly dominated by Amazon? In two
words: Transformative Experiences! In this episode we offer
predictions and guidance for retailers who are ready to earn the
economic power of guiding their customers on meaningful and
impactful transformational journeys.
In This Episode:
- [02:00] What exactly is the Transformation
- [03:32] Where Transformations fit within the
Experience Economy as described by B. Joseph Pine II and James H.
- [04:36] Dave reflects on an article he co-wrote
called The New You Business: How to Compete on Personal
Transformations for the Harvard Business
- [06:20] How does understanding people’s wish for
transformation influence how companies think about jobs to be
- [09:50] Which retailers are currently doing well
- [16:57] We make suggestions for ways Home Depot
could successfully compete in the Transformation
- [33:43] What it is going to take for in-person
retail to stick around in the world of Amazon.
- [34:05] Here is a video Dave and Aransas made with
Joe Pine to help you dig deeper into the concept of
transformational jobs within the retail industry. https://www.stonemantel.co/hbr-article
- 77% of consumers tried new shopping habits in
- Experiences drive a greater economic value.
People are more willing to invest in them.
- Retailers need to know what role they are going to
play to help people transform their customers’
- Companies that focus on the progressive journeys of
their customers rather than just the spending aspect tend to build
more trust with their customers.