Jul 5, 2022
In this week’s episode of the
pod, Barb and Michelle discuss the old adage “you are the company
that you keep”. Learn how Barb and Michelle think is the best way
to cultivate meaningful, aligned relationships as well as being the
example for the people in your life.
Follow us @MichelleMaros and
@Peaceful_Barb and share your experiences with us @BarbKnowsBestPod
or at https://kite.link/barb-knows-best.
- Emotional contagion refers to
a phenomenon of an automatic
adoption of an emotional state of another person. We, as humans, have a natural tendency to
mimic the people around
- Spend time with people that align with you are.
Carefully choose the company you keep as they can influence how you
think about yourself and how show up in the
- Be mindful of the places you hang out in, in
the digital sphere, as it can influence you as much as those around
- You have choice. You can determine how you
process and interpret the situation.
- Choose people that inspire you. Embrace the
habits that you see in other people that will help you be the best
version of yourself.
- Instead of modeling perfection, model
authenticity. Be exactly who you are and just show up.
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
- Emotional Contagion (Studies in Emotion and
Social Interaction) by
Elaine Hatfield, John T. Cacioppo, Richard L. Rapson