Apr 8, 2022
Want to go deeper?
Read more here! Here are a few start questions to evaluate your
media in light of Philippians 4:8:
- True – Is this factually true or speculation?
Is it gossip? If it is factually true, is it being presented in an
inflammatory or biased way to imply something that isn’t factually
- Honorable – Will this help or hinder the
pursuit of righteousness? Is it encouraging the morals and virtues
laid out in Scripture?
- Pure – Is this free from impurity? Is it
something that makes me fearful or confident in the Lord’s work? Is
the end goal focused on eternity and the coming Kingdom of God or
- Pleasing – Is this something that brings me
joy or angst?
- Commendable – Is this something I would share
with others? If so, would I do so confident that this would further
my Christian witness and the hope I have in Christ?
- Excellence – Is this well done? Has this been
crafted with care and a proper stewarding of the gifts of
- Worthy of Praise – Does this stir my
affections for the Lord? Does it make me rejoice in His work and
the giftings He has lavished upon the people He created?