May 16, 2022
A lot of what we do as psychologists is teach our clients how to be resilient. Often, clients come to therapy hoping to reduce external stress in their lives. We can do a bit of that- leave a toxic job or set boundaries for example- but really, reducing stress isn’t our main goal in therapy. The truth is, for better or worse, there’s going to be a certain about of challenge or difficulty in your life. Just a baseline level of stress that never really goes away.
We often think that life will be stress-free if we <insert goal here…lose weight, make more money, have a baby, get married>. That’s just not true.
A better focus of your time and energy is to build resiliency so you trust that you can handle whatever life throws at you.
That’s what this podcast is about.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
· Why figuring out your values is important for resiliency
· How to be more self-aware
· The process of acceptance that helps you to thrive
· Developing an identity as a person who can handle any problem
· An example of how to be resilient
· How to view life as a long-term game
For more information feel free to reach out to Dr. Jennie Ward @ https://www.wardaps.com/