Oct 17, 2021
In which we examine the legacy of Canada's first PM through
caricatures! This episode focuses on his early life and what is
considered to be J. A. Macdonald's more 'positive' legacy...and how
that is certainly a double-edged sword.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter (@CanLitHistory) & Facebook
Support: Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/historiacanadiana);
the recommended reading page (https://historiacanadiana.wordpress.com/books/)
- Bowering, George. Egotists and Autocrats, Penguin
- Creighton, Donald. John A. Macdonald: The Young
Politician/The Old Chieftain, University of Toronto Press,
- Gillespie, Alastair C.F. John A. MacDonald: The
Indispensable Politician, Macdonald-Laurier Institute for
Public Policy, 2017. https://macdonaldlaurier.ca/files/pdf/MLIConfederationSeries_MacdonaldPaperF_Web.pdf
- Johnson, J. K.. "Sir John A. Macdonald". The Canadian
Encyclopedia, 28 November 2017, Historica Canada. https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/sir-john-alexander-macdonald.
- Levine, Allan. Scrum Wars: The Prime Ministers and the
Media, Toronto, Dundurn Press, 1996.