Sep 6, 2021
Matthew Bowerman has served in education and the arts for
over twenty five years. He is the recipient of EMMY and CINE
Film Awards for his educational short film, “BusSTOP,” addressing
the bullying crisis in the United States. Matthew is invested in
the work of love-leading students and their families in his current
role as a School Administrator in Montgomery County Public Schools
in Maryland. He is currently working on his upcoming book,
HeartLeader, released through CodeBreaker Inc.
- Make sure that people feel valued and that they have worth to
is worth to build better relationships.
- Is work to build long lasting relationships builds on trust
respect and love.
- We are really not doing enough to take care of teachers and
- The recent pandemics of covid and racism have brought this to
light more than ever.
- We must have honest conversations with people if we are to
authentically support them.
- We never know what's going on in their lives.
- You have to let people know from the start what your core
values are and where you're headed in leading the school area
- Remember to ask 6 questions before ever uttering one
declarative statement when working with people. Listening is
- Everyone needs people in their life that they know we'll be
there for them whether professionally or personally to help if they
- We are all human and incredibly fallible
- Never run away from the fire because you'll miss the
opportunity to be forged by it.
- PLNs must be about the network.
- Make sure your opportunity is a network work or vice versa make
sure your network is a community because if you lead with your
heart and put yourself out there things will happen for you.
Twitter - @MJBowerman
Instagram - mrmjbowerman
YouTube: Matthew J Bowerman
Upcoming book from Codebreaker Inc: Heartleader
--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make
a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app