May 2, 2022
Melissa Dean is a classroom educator with over 20 years of
teaching, coaching and mentoring experience, having taught all the
way from K to Grade 12. She is passionate about assessment and
evaluation, and education reform, particularly in the area of
mathematics. When she is not teaching, she can be found running,
writing, drinking coffee or working part-time at a local bakery
specializing in sourdough bread. She is known for her infectious
laugh and ridiculous jokes. Most recently, she is an author who’s
recent release, Unravel School, brings to life the idea of leveling
up and disrupting the experience of learning.
- Now is the time to dream big in education.
- We sometimes need to be pushed to a higher level of success
because we are stuck in the starting blocks.
- Trust and respect is key for assisting in career
- We need to keep our ears open for progress by truly
- Don't lose sight of the human side of education.
- Education should be open spaced, collaborative areas where
students are supported as needed at the level they need.
- We need to think about how what we do impacts who we are.
- Remember to always presume positive intentions.
- Listen to understand instead of waiting to respond.
Get in Touch:
Unravel School: Reimagine Classrooms, Reinvent Assessment,
& Revive Learning
--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make
a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app