May 23, 2022
JaVonda Tucker is currently an assistant principal with
Dinwiddie County Public Schools. Prior to becoming an assistant
principal, JaVonda was a special education teacher at the school
where she currently works. Along with holding a master’s degree in
education administration, she also holds a master’s degree in
criminal justice. JaVonda is also the proud mother of a 12 year old
- S.E.L. Needs to look different for all people
- You cannot effectively implement social emotional learning for
students and staff without knowing them as individuals
- You need to know and understand yourself before being able to
know and understand what others need
- Try turning the tables with teachers as a way to pull them from
their present state of mind
- Journaling is a great way to practice reflection
- Be visible to know your students and staff
- Don’t be afraid to tell your story. There is always someone
that needs to hear it.
- Do not lead from your office.
- Listen to lead better.
--- This episode is sponsored by · Anchor: The easiest way to make
a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app