Tue, 8 December 2020
I’m unpacking where our body image comes from and how to unpack your own body image origins, as part of the Body Image Series.
- The importance of knowing that your self-worth isn’t dictated by your appearance or how other people feel about you,
- How our culture has taught us that only certain bodies are worthy,
- Beauty as social currency,
- How the desire to fit beauty standards is hardcoded in our DNA,
- How external systems of oppression create internalized oppressions,
- Questions you can use to examine your past and be curious about where your body image came from,
Plus, so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/180