Tue, 9 March 2021
I’m interviewing Nic McDermid, fat activist and intersectional feminist, about how fatphobia is rampant in the eating disorder recovery world and the harm that this does, what they can do better, the importance of reclaiming the word fat, and how to navigate acceptance and recovery with chronic pain.
- Ways that microaggressions and fatphobia show up in the eating disorder landscape,
- That reclaiming the word fat is a continuous process and how curating her social media feeds helped,
- How making people uncomfortable can be a positive thing and why Nic does that with her online presence,
- How fatphobia in medicine impacts people with chronic illness and pain,
- That you are the expert in your own body,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/189