Tue, 13 April 2021
Body Image Series: I’m talking about why dieting and body shame are often coping mechanisms, why that can make accepting your body so hard, and how they distract us from getting at the real issue and keep us turning to diets for an answer.
- How emotional dieting distracts us from getting at the real issue and keeps us turning to diets for an answer,
- That we’ve been conditioned to think that our bodies are a problem, so it’s no surprise when that becomes our way of thinking about ourselves or processing emotions,
- Why this makes accepting your body so hard,
- Why the pandemic has been so hard on people’s body image,
- How to separate from these things in order to truly move forward,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/193