Tue, 23 November 2021
Movement Series: This is another instalment of the movement series where I’m joined by Jenna Doak, co-owner and head trainer at Body Positive Fitness. We’re talking about why she started Body Positive Fitness, her journey away from toxic fitness culture, and how to get over all or nothing thinking to help you have a better relationship to movement.
- The joy of training and moving without an end goal of losing a certain amount of weight,
- How she removes shame from her practice,
- That there are so many ways to move your body, it doesn’t need to be something you hate or dread, it should be something that’s fun for you,
- How she handles goal-setting with her clients,
- Advice for someone who wants to go to a trainer, but is nervous about gyms and being entrenched in diet culture,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/208