Tue, 7 December 2021
Movement Series: This is another instalment of the movement series where I’m joined by Alicia Ferguson and Paris Alexandra of BK Yoga Club, the first Black women owned body positive yoga studio in the US. We’re talking about how yoga helped them cultivate a better relationship with their bodies, how it can be used to practice compassion and acceptance, why they saw a need for a body positive yoga studio, and how they are doing things differently.
- Their work towards creating inclusivity in the wellness industry and centering Black and brown women,
- How they remove the influence of diet culture from their studio,
- The importance of meeting people where they’re at, instead of making decision for them,
- How the philosophies of yoga can help facilitate a better relationship with the body,
- Advice for someone looking to start a yoga practice,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/210