Tue, 25 January 2022
Body Image Series: I’m responding to the question “Will accepting my body make me unhealthy?” I also explore how our culture has made us believe that being thinner is the only way to be healthy, and why health is multi-faceted.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/216
In this episode, I talk about:
- How we’ve lost touch of what is good for us in the pursuit of weight loss by blending weight and health together,
- How the anti-diet message often gets interpreted as being anti-health, when it’s about finding what’s best for your body and doing things from a place of self-care,
- Why this message actually makes us more stressed and results in a poorer body image,
- What the research says about body image and health,
- How health is improved by behaviours, not outcomes,
- How having a positive body image leads to a higher likelihood of engaging in health promoting behaviours,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/216