Tue, 15 February 2022
I’m interviewing Alexis Conason, clinical psychologist, eating disorder specialist, and author of The Diet-Free Revolution, unpacking everything that the research says about weight loss. Is it possible to lose weight in the long-term? What do you need to do to achieve that? Plus, how learning to eat more mindfully (in a non-diet way) can help you to become a more intuitive eater.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/218
In this episode, we talk about:
- That long term weight loss and maintenance is extremely rare, and the industry knows it,
- How researchers have used examples of people with eating disorders as lessons for weight loss,
- That in the rare instances when people sustain weight loss long term, it’s often not in a healthy way,
- A study on contestants from The Biggest Loser, and why we never see a follow-up episode of this show,
- That health is not determined by weight and that most of what impacts health is out of our control,
- How mindfulness can shift the way we see ourselves and how we interact with the world,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/218