Tue, 22 February 2022
I’m joined by registered dieticians Glenys Oyston and Rebecca Scritchfield, talking all about diabetes and how to manage everything from pre-diabetes to diabetes from a health at every size perspective. We’re unpacking all the myths about diabetes, whether you need to be concerned if you are genetically predisposed, whether you need to cut carbs, and changes you can make to manage blood sugars without triggering the diet mentality.
- That diabetes has an unknown etiology,
- Advice for someone whose doctor has recommended weight loss because of a diabetes diagnosis,
- How dieting doesn’t make diabetes go away,
- How they encourage self-discovery and experimentation, instead of the typical limitations or restrictions,
- The importance of decreasing the shame of diagnosis,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/219