Tue, 22 March 2022
We’ve got something a little different for you this week…Death To Diets is a candid, honest chat led by professional body image coach Summer Innanen and world-leading expert on dismantling fatphobia and diet culture, Vinny Welsby. Together, they invite listeners to join them in conversation as they share their topical takes and empowering insights on body image. This week, they're sharing tips on setting boundaries and how to respond to diet talk during the holiday season.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/222
In this episode, we talk about:
- An overview of our stance on diets and fatphobia,
- That we sometimes have to let go of the idea that we can change people’s minds,
- The importance of having empathy for your past self and people still caught up in diet culture,
- Vinny’s formula for dealing with fatphobia,
- The Fierce Fatty JABB technique for setting boundaries,
- How boundaries can be a gift to the other person,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/222