Tue, 6 June 2023
I’m joined by Christy Harrison, author of Anti-Diet and most recently The Wellness Trap. We’re talking about why, as a culture, we’re so obsessed with wellness and how social media perpetuates this. We’re also debunking some of the more common wellness claims and what to watch out for so that you don’t fall into the wellness trap.
- How wellness culture seized on the pandemic,
- How wellness culture capitalizes on the failings of conventional healthcare,
- How social media algorithms are driving people towards more and more extreme wellness content,
- That everyday human ailments are now framed as signs of unwellness,
- The systemic changes needed and why skepticism is important,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/268
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap