Tue, 25 July 2023
I’m unpacking where our body image comes from and how to unpack your own body image origins. I also talk about how this is a systemic and cultural issue that is hardcoded in our DNA, as part of the Body Image Series.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/274
In this episode, I talk about:
- How systems of oppression impact body image and how we’re treated in our society,
- The importance of knowing that your self-worth isn’t dictated by your appearance or how other people feel about you,
- How our culture has taught us that only certain bodies are worthy,
- Beauty as social currency,
- How the desire to fit beauty standards is hardcoded in our DNA,
- How external systems of oppression create internalized oppressions,
- Questions you can use to examine your past and be curious about where your body image came from,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/274
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap