This week on the podcast I am joined by Michael Toru. Michael is a 500-hour RYT, YouTuber, and videographer based in Victoria, British Colombia. In this episode, Michael shares his journey as a yoga teacher and how he's gone from teaching full-time in yoga studios to stepping back from teaching and working on his online presence, including his YouTube channel and his media business. We discuss how the pandemic has been a time to dig deep and be honest with ourselves about what is bringing us joy and making changes and pivots from there. Michael also shares what life has been like as a new dad, as well as the business lessons he's learned through his yoga business.
This episode is brought to you by OfferingTree. If you're interested in finding an all-in-one platform for online or in-person teaching, then you should check out OfferingTree. OfferingTree has been supporting M.B.Om for over a year now and I not only love the product but I also love the people. OfferingTree is providing special pricing for M.B.Om listeners, so be sure to visit offeringtree.com/mbom.
In this episode:
- Michael’s Yoga story: Bodybuilder to yoga teacher
- Finding balance and sustainability in your yoga practice
- Adapting and pivoting during the pandemic
- Starting and growing a media business in the health and wellness space
- How to take a break from something that you love
- Stepping into fatherhood as an entrepreneur
- Lessons from a lifestyle consistent content creation
- The relationship between building a team and organizing your systems
When & How to Hire Freelancers in Your Yoga Business with Emily Perron
Matcha Mornings Podcast