Bill Binch is a leader and expert in the SaaS sales industry. Bill was the senior vice president of worldwide sales at marketo for 8 years and he joined when it was a small venture backed startup with a mission to reinvent marketing automation, it was his sales leadership and expertise that formed a critical component in building Marketo into one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in the world. Recognized through his being awarded worldwide VP of sales in 2011.
In today's show with Bill we discuss:
- What were Bill’s biggest takeaways from his time scaling the sales organisation at Marketo??
- Why did Bill find it enticing selling to sales and marketers with Marketo?
- How can startups go about approaching the topic of the sales cycle? What does the right cadence look like?
- How can sales leaders look to establish a quota that is achievable and confident? Why is it about deal frequency not dollar size?
- How can we optimise the hiring process for sales professionals? What are the benefits to over hiring? Is this sustainable in a downturn?
- Does Bill agree that customer success will be the new sales, as Nick Mehta stated?
In a round we call the 60 Second Saastr, we also hear:
- SaaS tools that Bill could not live without?
- Creating your own scorecard?
- What does Bill know now that he wished he had known at the beggining
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented you can follow us on Twitter here: