Seth Besmertnik is the Co-Founder & CEO @ Conductor, the company that boasts the biggest customer list in their category including more than 500 Fortune and Internet Retailer 500 brands like Under Armour, Citi and FedEx with their web presence management and SEO. With this incredible success, the company has been ranked 13th fastest growing software company in the US and the 3rd Best Place To Work in NYC. They have also raised funding over $60m from some of the best investors on the east coast in the form of Matrix Partners and FirstMark Capital just to name a few. I would like to say a huge thanks to Fayez @ Bluecore for the intro to Seth today.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did Seth make his way into the world of SaaS? What was the a-ha moment for Conductor?
- What does Seth mean when he says, ‘B2B companies need to build a weapon in their marketing’? How does this look in his approach? How does this differ according to differing startup budgets?
- Previously, Meaghan Eisenberg @ MongoDB has said ‘the largest lift you are going to see is from your site’. Does Seth agree with this? How should we prioritise the site? What are the fundamentals to consider in terms of optimising conversion?
- With the proliferation of content today, to what extent should B2B companies look to alternative platforms such as Snapchat, Youtube and Instagram for content differentiation? What are the fundamentals to consider with platform diversification?
- How does Seth suggest creating a culture of content creation in previously segmented cultures? How can this be done with actionable strategies to encourage non-marketing professionals to produce content?
60 Second SaaStr
- What does Seth know now that he wishes he had known before?
- Biggest advice on content creation for B2B SaaS companies?
- Fave SaaS reading material?
- Being a CEO vs Being a Founder
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: