Aaron Levie co-founded Box with three high school friends in 2005 when they discovered there wasn’t a modern solution for sharing and collaborating on work.They created Box to provide businesses with an easy way to share, access and manage information with enterprise-grade security, compliance and governance.Eleven years later, Box has been adopted by nearly 65% of the Fortune 500 and has nearly 70,000 paying business customers. The company went public in January 2015, and remains one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did Aaron with 3 friends from high school come to found one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in Box?
- How does Aaron view the convergence of enterprise and consumer products in the coming years? How does this convergence effect IT providers?
- How does Aaron view transparency within organisations? How does this affect information flow? What must CEO’s consider when contemplating transparency within their organisation?
- How does Aaron evaluate the inflection points in the growth of Box? What were the challenges in overcoming these hurdles? How did he have to change as a CEO to combat these changes?
- What does the rise of AI mean for businesses and enterprise? What does the rise of VR allow the enterprise that was not previously possible? How do these emerging technologies affect the product and strategic roadmap at Box?
60 Second SaaStr
- Aaron’s favourite SaaS reading material?
- What will it take for Box to be 10x from here?
- What does Aaron know now that he wishes he had known in the beginning?
- What does Aaron spend most his time on that he would like to change?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: