Nov 17, 2023
Locate, understand and protect sensitive information, both structured and unstructured, across your entire data estate at scale with Microsoft Purview. Keep data secure, whether it resides in Microsoft 365, Azure, non-Microsoft clouds, SaaS services and even on-premises in your data center.
Data classifications and protections defined with Microsoft Purview persist in-place, without having to migrate your data into the Microsoft cloud. Over time, Microsoft Purview derives insights into your protection posture and trends to help prioritize locations where data in your organization might be exposed to risk. You can access data security, governance, and compliance from one place, and under information protection, find proactive recommendations and valuable insights to keep data secure.
Shilpa Ranganathan, Principal Product Manager, Microsoft Purview shares how policies put in place with Microsoft Purview will protect data wherever it is, even as you work with it using native tools in different clouds.
► QUICK LINKS:
00:00 - Microsoft Purview, a unified solution to keep
01:27 - Access experience: Data Engineer vs. External Vendor
04:32 - Define and apply classification labels
06:21 - How to implement user-specific access
08:18 - Wrap up
► Link References
Get started at https://aka.ms/MicrosoftPurviewDocs
► Unfamiliar with Microsoft Mechanics?
As Microsoft's official video series for IT, you can watch and share valuable content and demos of current and upcoming tech from the people who build it at Microsoft.
• Subscribe to our YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/MicrosoftMechanicsSeries
• Talk with other IT Pros, join us on the Microsoft Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-mechanics-blog/bg-p/MicrosoftMechanicsBlog
• Watch or listen from anywhere, subscribe to our podcast: https://microsoftmechanics.libsyn.com/podcast
► Keep getting this insider knowledge, join us on social:
• Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MSFTMechanics
• Share knowledge on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/microsoft-mechanics/
• Enjoy us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msftmechanics/
• Loosen up with us on TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@msftmechanics