Feb 5, 2019
Don’t believe everything that all those information gurus out
there teach about multifamily real estate and investing. A lot of
them start by showing you how to find a deal. I believe that’s
totally wrong and the worst place to start. The ability to raise
capital is much more powerful, valuable, and vital to deals.
This is the first episode of my six-part series called, The Six
Pillars to Profits. Pillar 1 is Secrets to Raising Private Money.
If you are able to raise capital, deals will find you. I’m going to
teach you a different way to raise capital that has worked very
well for me.
Topics on Today’s Episode:
- Corleone Method: If you will find money, deals will come find
you; money is always patient and negotiates out of strength
- Money is made in the money by procuring capital at the right
- Avatars: People who have money, and who they are; they who have
the money make all the rules
- Look for people who are looking for a solid return; do less
- Majority of people’s wealth (i.e. dumb money) is in a 401(k) or
self-directed IRA; most people don’t know they can invest in real
estate with their IRA
- Investors want exuberant returns via big risks and low
expectations; people don’t want to take big risks and hate the ups
and downs of the stock market
- People like me know how to find great deals on properties that
become little factories that write checks and spit out profits
- Always sell based on income; raise rents and keep expenses
tight to create more income and value
- If you want to raise money, the first people to ask are your
friends and family
- Create an opening “Who am I?” statement for different
- Selling the Story: Tell a story or have a conversation and end
it with, “How’s the market treating you?”
- Schedule a meeting and have them complete an accredited
- Bring your Credibility Kit that has a high-end brochure
describing your process
- 506(b) Rules: Raising money is all about relationships; make
sure you serve that capital well because that money in return will
Links and Resources Mentioned:
“The ability to raise capital is so much more powerful, it’s so
much more valuable, and it’s vital to deals. If you are able to
raise capital, deals will come find you.” Corey Peterson
“I used to really think that the money was made in real estate.
That’s just not true. The true capital, the money is made in the
money.” Corey Peterson
“There’s more money out there than you’ll ever know. The one
thing I learned...is how much stupid money is out there, and it is
searching for people like us.” Corey Peterson
“They will then become your friends. They’ll give you money.
They’ll give you referrals. They’ll give you their friend’s
friends. It’s something that you should really just cherish.” Corey
Don’t forget to download my Free Workshop Quickstart Video
Series, and if you like what you have heard please
leave a review on iTunes.
Text the word MONEY to 408-500-1127 to get my free private money
program and credibility kit for single family.