Jun 29, 2023
The ICC Pulse Podcast is back with a whole season of 5 episodes ready to listen! This is one of the five.
In this episode of the ICC Pulse Podcast, we dive in to discussing water reuse. I know – many of you might not be as open to using the same water you just, well, used, but in this episode, we challenge you to explore how water reuse can be a safe, innovative way to help save the world’s water supply. We speak with a few experts on breaking the stigma of water reuse and how reusing water is possible in our homes and businesses.
Guests on the show:
Links to related and referenced topics in this episode:
About the WateReuse Association: https://watereuse.org/about-watereuse/
About the Code Council’s Water Reuse Working Group: https://www.iccsafe.org/building-safety-journal/bsj-hits/the-international-code-council-hosts-industry-experts-for-conference-celebrating-50th-anniversary-of-clean-water-act
Visit the Code Council’s Plumbing, Mechanical and Fuel Gas resources webpage: www.iccsafe.org/pmg
Water Reuse Building Projects mentioned in the episode:
· Domino Sugar Refinery redevelopment: https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/08/construction-rises-on-domino-sugar-refinery-redevelopment-at-292-kent-avenue-in-williamsburg-brooklyn.html
· Blue Hole Primary School, Texas’s first OneWater school – check out their student-led video tour here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMmIVsBN83g&t=116s
Water Reuse Resources from the Code Council:
· About the Rainwater Harvesting Standard 2022 edition: https://www.iccsafe.org/about/periodicals-and-newsroom/rainwater-harvesting-standard-2022-edition/
· The International Code Council Joins Delegation to Israel to Discuss Water Conservation Policies and Research: https://www.iccsafe.org/building-safety-journal/bsj-hits/the-international-code-council-joins-delegation-to-israel-to-discuss-water-conservation-policies-and-research/
· Non-potable Water Reuse: https://www.iccsafe.org/wp-content/uploads/BSM_Non-Potable_Water_Reuse_FLR.pdf
To learn more about how the Code Council’s codes and standards enable reuse, click here.