Jun 27, 2023
Throughout my season of growth, I've noticed my negative self-sabotaging thoughts resurfacing. Today, I want to share my experience with navigating these micro-aggressions and the ways I’m reframing limiting beliefs from a subconscious level. Negative thoughts are the brain's way of keeping us safe and comfortable, and abruptly replacing long-held limiting beliefs with positive thoughts may not work effectively. Instead, I offer my advice for acknowledging the negative thought with gratitude, slowing its momentum, gradually shifting its direction, and intentionally planting new beliefs.
In this episode we talk about:
- (4:27) Acknowledging the negative thoughts without judgment
- (7:05) Recognizing that thoughts have momentum
- (12:38) How to slow down your negative thought patterns
- (16:13) Setting realistic expectations for transforming long-lasting limiting beliefs
- (17:11) Understanding your protective thoughts and fostering self-compassion
If you loved today’s episode, please share your favorite takeaways or your own systems and processes by screenshotting this episode and tagging us on Instagram!
Click HERE to text the word MENTOR to (602) 536-7829 for weekly business + mindset tips delivered straight to your phone!
Not part of the Girl Gang Community yet? Join HERE: Girl Gang Membership
CONNECT WITH POWERHOUSE WOMEN
Follow Powerhouse Women: @powerhouse_women
Follow Lindsey: @llindseyschwartz
Follow Hannah: @hannahmwells
Visit the Powerhouse Women website: powerhousewomen.co
Join the PW Community Facebook Group: facebook.com/groups/powerhousewomencommunity