I am so excited to welcome Johnny Chin, Founder & CEO @ Bannerman to The Official SaaStr Podcast today. Bannerman is the company that provides on demand security staff and bouncers to some of the world’s biggest companies including Spotify, Y Combinator, Weebly, Optimizely and many more incredible firms. Bannerman are also an alum of YC having been in their YC S14 Class.
In Today’s Episode You Will Discover:
- Why did Johnny decide to transition Bannerman from B2C to B2B? WHat metrics suggested to Johnny that product market fit had not been achieved with the B2C model?
- How did the transition affect the product? What does Johnny mean when he discusses ‘Wizard Of Oz’ moments?
- How did Johnny go about developing and establishing a sales process? What were the inherent challenges and how did JOhnny combat them?
- At what stage did Bannerman reach profitability and what does this allow Bannerman to now do and focus on? SHould it be a priority over growth for other SaaS businesses?
- How Johnny approaches brand building at Bannerman? Why brand is so important for B2B companies? What are the must do’s and the must not’s when it comes to B2B branding?
In a round we call the 60 Second Saastr, we also hear:
- Most challenging element of the journey?
- Fave SaaS resources and reading materials?
- Competitive landscape for on demand security?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented you can follow us on Twitter here: