David Thompson is CMO at Domo, the company that allows customers to turn data into opportunities. David is a highly accomplished branding expert and recognized leader in demand generation, having served as longtime CMO of WebEx, where he named the company, helped create the cloud-based conferencing category and positioned the company for its IPO and subsequent buyout by Cisco. He also co-founded and served as chief executive officer of Genius.com, a leading SaaS marketing automation company, and he launched the Sales 2.0 Conference.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How did David make his way into the world of tech and SaaS pre-bubble? How did the bubble affect how David approached company building going forward?
- What should all SaaS startups consider pre spending big on marketing? What should their core gating factors be? Is it always right to have an internal marketing team?
- What are the must haves and the nice to haves in B2B marketing? Why is Facebook a must have or business branding today?
- How can businesses accurately measure the success of their marketing and branding efforts? Is it all about revenue or is there external reputation metrics to consider?
- On the whole, would David consider successful B2B branding closer to consumer or closer to enterprise marketing? What do the best in the enterprise class do?
60 Second SaaStr
- What are David’s favourite marketing tools?
- If David could recommend one book to SaaS founders what would it be?
- With the martech explosion: are we entering a world of consolidation?
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: